"Increasing autism quality of life: experts at maximizing social, emotional, and vocational independence."
Copyright © The Friendship Network for Children, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Registration for social development groups is on a first-come, first-served basis. State agencies may reimburse the cost of these groups. There is a waiting list for some of our groups. If interested, please call Nancy Swanberg, MS, LMHC at 508-393-0030 to begin the intake process! At The Friendship Network we know socializing is more complicated than it appears as every interaction is a social interaction; not just interacting with peers. Decision making, problem solving, self-advocacy, emotional regulation, and conceptual understanding are all part of the mix. The Connection Formula® approach takes into consideration all of these aspects and is used in all groups.
Social Development Groups using The Connection Formula®
For children on The Autism Spectrum, Social Communication disorder, and Non-verbal Learning Disorder.
1. A free socialization assessment is offered by telephone to all first time callers. Call 508-393-0030 to get started!
2. Insurance is not accepted however funding options and reimbursement may be available from state agencies.
3. Groups are available for children ages 5-25.
4. All groups are run by mental health professionals who have had training in the Connection Formula© and Social Development..
5. Children are grouped by social functioning level, age and interests.
6. A socialization group is not the only way to address socialization.