It is with great sadness that we must inform you:
Due to uncontrollable circumstances
The Friendship Network must close it's doors at this time.
Thank you to everyone in the community for their support through the years.
"Increasing autism quality of life: experts at maximizing social, emotional, and vocational independence."
Copyright © The Friendship Network for Children, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Registration for social development groups is on a first-come, first-served basis. State agencies may reimburse the cost of these groups. There is a waiting list for some of our groups. If interested, please call Nancy Swanberg, MS, LMHC at 508-393-0030 to begin the intake process! At The Friendship Network we know socializing is more complicated than it appears as every interaction is a social interaction; not just interacting with peers. Decision making, problem solving, self-advocacy, emotional regulation, and conceptual understanding are all part of the mix. The Connection Formula® approach takes into consideration all of these aspects and is used in all groups.
Social Development Groups using The Connection Formula®
For children on The Autism Spectrum, Social Communication disorder, and Non-verbal Learning Disorder.
1. A free socialization assessment is offered by telephone to all first time callers. Call 508-393-0030 to get started!
2. Insurance is not accepted however funding options and reimbursement may be available from state agencies.
3. Groups are available for children ages 5-25.
4. All groups are run by mental health professionals who have had training in the Connection Formula© and Social Development..
5. Children are grouped by social functioning level, age and interests.
6. A socialization group is not the only way to address socialization.